Please read the following carefully. Your use of the beauty lounge Web Sites and purchase of the products (or services) (“Products”) on it means that you agree to these terms and conditions (“Terms”).
Shopping with The Beauty Lounge:
When you place an Order for a Product (“Order”) you are offering to buy it for the price stated, subject to these Terms.
- When you place your Order online we will send you an email to confirm that we have received it. This email confirmation will be produced automatically so that you have confirmation of your Order details. The fact that you receive an automatic confirmation does not necessarily mean that we will be able to meet your Order. Once we have sent the confirmation email we will then check availability and contact you with a further email. If the Product is available and the details of the Order are correct, this email will be deemed an acceptance and will specify delivery details and confirm the price of the Products purchased. If the Product is not available we will also let you know by email.
- The Beauty Lounge may cancel any sale and not supply Products if it is reasonable to do so and may change or discontinue the availability of Products at any time at its sole discretion. If an Order is cancelled, any payment made for the Products will be refunded in full. This does not affect your Statutory Rights.
- All new Orders are deemed separate and each is treated individually.
- The price for each Product is shown on The Beauty Lounge Web Sites and includes V.A.T at the U. K. prevailing rate.
- We always try to make sure that the prices on The Beauty lounge Web Site are accurate but errors may occur. If we discover an error in pricing of the Products in your Order we will inform you as soon as possible using the contact details you supply us with. We will then give you the option of reconfirming your Order at the correct price or cancelling it. (If we are unable to reach you we will treat the Order as cancelled). If an Order is cancelled, any payment made for the Products will be refunded in full.
- You will be notified of the delivery costs automatically before you submit your credit card details, based on the delivery address you specify. For more information about for dispatches to UK addresses go to our shipping section.
- Prices are quoted on The Beauty Lounge Web Sites in UK pounds – outside the UK your credit card company should exchange the amount charged to the currency of your country at the current rate. Please note that both charges and refunds are in UK pounds and The Beauty Lounge cannot be held responsible for any loss due to exchange rate fluctuations.
You must pay for your Order before it is delivered and you can do so by credit card, debit card, cheque or postal Order.
Credit and Debit Cards:
- Orders may be processed online, using a credit or debit card (currently VISA, MasterCard, Delta and Switch/Solo). We aim to debit money from your account within one working day after dispatching your Order.
- To ensure that shopping online is secure, your credit/debit card details will be encrypted to minimize the possibility of someone being able to read them as they are sent over the Internet.
- Your credit card company may also do security checks to confirm it is you making the Order.
- All Order details and invoices will be sent to the credit card billing address and not the delivery address where the named recipient of the Order differs.
Cheque or Postal Order:
- In the UK, you may pay by cheque or postal Order if you wish.
- Please make cheques payable to The Beauty Lounge and remember to include postage. Please also send us a covering letter detailing your Order, cheque guarantee card number, guaranteed amount, expiry date, contact details and delivery address.
- We try to keep The Beauty Lounge Web Sites as up to date as possible but cannot guarantee that a particular Product will always be available. If we can’t supply a Product you will not be charged for it and we will refund or re-credit your account with the amount debited by us.
- All offers are available while stocks last. If we are unable to supply a Product you have Ordered, we will notify you as soon as we can after receiving your Order. If this happens, you may cancel your Order and we will refund you the money you have paid for it.
- All product samples are provided Free of Charge. The Beauty Lounge will always endeavor to supply all samples ordered but no guarantees are given written, implied or otherwise.
- The Beauty Lounge reserves the right not to supply the ordered samples or to change the type and quantity of the ordered samples without prior notification.
Shipping and Delivery:
- The Beauty Lounge delivers to destinations inside of the UK only.
- You will be notified of the delivery costs automatically before you submit your credit card details. For more information about our delivery charges see our shipping section.
- The Beauty Lounge despatch all orders within 24 to 48hrs of purchase.
- Orders are dispatched by Royal Mail who will require a signature, so please specify an address where someone will be able to sign for your Products.
- We will make every effort to deliver within the time stated on The Beauty Lounge Web Sites but we will not be liable for any loss caused to you by late delivery.
- If the Products are not delivered within the estimated delivery time which we quote, please contact us by telephone or email and we will try and ensure that you receive your Order, as quickly as possible, or if you wish you may cancel your Order and we will refund the money you have paid. Please note that while items sent by Royal Mail usually arrive within 1 – 3 days, Royal Mail stipulate that only items still not delivered after 15 working days can be officially classified as lost.
- Please Order from The Beauty Lounge Web Sites with enough lead-time to prevent any loss or disappointment resulting from the delivery time as The Beauty Lounge cannot be responsible for this.
- The Beauty Lounge cannot be held responsible for items that have been lost in the post if incorrect Delivery Address details have been provided. Please see the shipping section for further information.
- This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Copyright and Trade Marks:
- The copyright in The Beauty Lounge Web Sites and the content of all the software, web sites and pages relating to The Beauty Lounge Web Sites is owned by, The Beauty Lounge, unless otherwise specified and may not be used, copied or altered without our express consent.
- Copyright extends to the design, look and feel of The Beauty Lounge Web Sites, all images on it and its marketing materials.
- You may use The Beauty Lounge Web Sites for private and personal non-commercial use only – i.e. to view, copy and print portions of The Beauty Lounge Web Sites for the sole purpose of placing Orders. The materials on The Beauty Lounge Web Sites may not be used for any other purpose.
Privacy and Data Policy:
The Beauty Lounge makes a commitment to protecting your privacy and promises only to use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- When you place an Order, we may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to The Beauty Lounge Web Sites (for example your name, phone number, postal address, email address, contact and bank / credit card details). We may also record which products you are interested in and which products you purchase as well as customer traffic patterns and site use. This information will be kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and may be used to:
- process your Order;
- provide you with an up to date, efficient, and reliable service;
- help fraud prevention i.e. we check card details with our credit agency and reserve the right to refuse Orders on that basis ;
- open and run your account;
- Provide a more personal shopping experience.
- By making an Order and submitting your data you agree to this use.
- From time to time we may also monitor and record telephone calls for training purposes and to improve the service to you.
- We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
- We do not sell trade or rent your personal information to other companies.
- The Beauty Lounge will not send you any marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless you give us your consent, or unless we have it already.
- Where requested please therefore check the relevant box marked:
We believe that you will be delighted with your product but there may be occasions where you feel it necessary to return an item. We aim to keep the process as simple as possible and these terms do not affect your statutory rights. We will try to attend to all returns as soon as practically possible.
Dermalogica offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee with their products for all orders where a Dermalogica Consultation Form has been filled out by the customer.
1. Unwanted Products:
o Our policy is to ensure that you are satisfied every time you place an Order with The Beauty Lounge Web Site. If you are unhappy with an item when you receive it or if you simply change your mind please return it to us within 28 days of Ordering, with the dispatch note, 100% money back guarantee, whether opened, used or damaged (excluding P&P).
o We will make the refund directly to the credit/charge card used to place the original order within 30 days or earlier.
o You will only have to pay for the return postage of the Products.
o Certain products and services are excluded from this returns policy, including perishable items, personalized products or those made to order. These items cannot be returned for a refund unless faulty. Products excluded such as these are clearly marked on the product information page.
o This does not affect your statutory rights.
o Full details are available on our Returns section.
2. Faulty Products:
o We try to select, produce and package the Products as well as possible to ensure they arrive in good condition. However, if a Product arrives damaged or with defects, or is not what you Ordered, we will replace it free of charge or provide a full refund as appropriate, if you return the Product to us at the postal address in our contact us section within 30 days of receipt.
o In these circumstances we will also pay you the cost of the return postage. Please obtain a proof of posting certificate from your Post Office to enable us to process the refund for your return postage costs.
o For help with items later than 30 days after your initial purchase please email the address below for more information:
o This does not affect your Statutory Rights.
3. Returning Unwanted or Faulty Products
o Please use the Return Items Feature in Your Beauty Lounge Account Interface or contact us by telephone using our number 01773 710945/07917605211 or email us at the address below to inform us of your wish to return Products:
o We will allocate you with a Returns Code which should be included with the package to improve processing of your return.
o We may also advise you how to send the item back to us. Occasionally items may have to be picked up by a courier service. Otherwise, please use a secure delivery method which requires a signature upon receipt (such as via Royal Mail First Class Recorded Delivery).
o You will be responsible for the returned Products until they reach us.
- The Beauty Lounge has tried to make the descriptions (including all pictures) of the Products as accurate as possible but you should check the dimensions stated on The Beauty Lounge Web Sites or contact us for exact sizes.
- The Beauty Lounge shall insure Ordered Products at their retail value whilst being delivered to you. Please check the delivered Products as soon as possible on receipt as we will not cover any subsequent loss or destruction.
- The Beauty Lounge will provide its services with reasonable skill and care but does not give any guarantees, warranties or representations in respect of any other person’s services.
- Because of the nature of the Internet The Beauty Lounge provides and maintains The Beauty Lounge Web Sites on an “as is”, “as available” basis and makes no promise that use of The Beauty Lounge Web Sites will be uninterrupted or entirely error free. We are not responsible to you if we are unable to provide our Internet services for any reason beyond our control.
- Our website contains links to other websites which are not under the control of and are not maintained by us. These links are provided for your convenience only and we are not responsible for the content of those sites.
- Except as provided above we can give no other warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise and all such terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- You will be responsible for any breach of these terms by you and if you use The Beauty Lounge Web Sites in breach of these terms you will be liable to and will reimburse The Beauty Lounge for any loss or damage caused as a result.
- These terms above shall not limit any rights you might have as a consumer that may not be excluded under applicable law nor shall they exclude or limit The Beauty Lounge’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from neither its negligence nor any fraudulent representation.
- The Beauty Lounge will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen event beyond its reasonable control including without limitation Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
- Please read the instructions and packaging that come with your Products carefully. The Beauty Lounge is not involved in the development of the products. You are urged to use all Products safely and in accordance with the manufacturers’ guidelines.
- These terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer which is available to you.
- Subject as aforesaid, to the maximum extent permitted by law, The Beauty Lounge excludes liability for any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem you notify to The Beauty Lounge and The Beauty Lounge shall have no liability to pay any money by way of compensation, including without limitation all liability in relation to:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information on www.nottinghambeautysalons.co.uk
- any interruptions to or delays in updating www.nottinghambeautysalons.co.uk
- the infringement by any person of any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party caused by their use of www.nottinghambeautysalons.co.uk or any Product purchased through The Beauty Lounge Web Sites;
- any loss or damage resulting from your use or the inability to use The Beauty Lounge web site or resulting from unauthorized access to, or alteration of your transmissions or data in circumstances which are beyond our control;
- any loss of profit, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or any other loss which does not directly result from something we have done wrong;
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user’s computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or downloading The Beauty Lounge Web Sites, or from transmissions via emails or attachments received from The Beauty Lounge or its licensees and affiliates;
- the availability, quality, content or nature of the other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties (“External Sites”) to which The Beauty Lounge Web Sites link and web sites located on or through any External Site nor for any transactions involving External Sites (including as to ‘cookies’, personal data, confidential information, or purchases of domain names or other services). You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links, web site or transactions;
- All representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect.
The Beauty Lounge may change or withdraw any part of The Beauty Lounge, or may refuse you access to the web site at any time if we consider it necessary.
- The Beauty Lounge may also terminate this Agreement and immediately remove, cancel or suspend access to and use of The Beauty Lounge Web Sites upon breach of any part of these Terms whatsoever.
- Termination shall be without prejudice to The Beauty Lounge’s other rights.
- The Beauty Lounge acts as principal on its own account and not as agent for you or any other person.
- If The Beauty Lounge does not enforce any provision of this agreement such will not be considered a continuing waiver.
- In the event that any part of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, such part will at The Beauty Lounge’s option be construed as far as possible to reflect the parties’ intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms constitute the full agreement between you and The Beauty Lounge and may only be amended in writing. They apply to the exclusion of all other terms or conditions of contract proposed.
- Since we are principally aiming The Beauty Lounge Web Sites at the UK and EU market, we cannot guarantee that it accords with local laws of any other countries (though we will try to make sure it does).
- Under the UK Criminal Justice Act 1988 it is an offence to sell knives and certain bladed or pointed articles to persons less than 16 years of age.
- Use of The Beauty Lounge Web Sites and these terms are subject to the laws of England and the jurisdiction of the English Courts.